Wednesday, February 21, 2007


Woodman's of Essex.
While out taking pictures of old houses, I stopped for lunch at Woodman's of Essex. We used to live less than 10 miles away, and would head over once in a while when we felt like splurging. Now, this picture is about as close as Laurie should come to eating there until her allergy to mussels is better understood and we know for certain it doesn't extend to relatives like clams.
This is the clam dinner, complete with both french fries and onion rings. The clams are whole, with the bellies, not just the clam strips you get outside New England. I've had fried clams on Cape Cod, and these are simply better. I suspect it has something to do with what they eat.
But its been a beautiful day, and I have the power cord to the laptop so I can post again. Thanks for sending it along, Dad. Now I just need to organize my photos so I can use them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My oh my, that looks like heart-attack food, tho yummy!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home