Thursday, April 12, 2007


Emma, Laurie and I have been spending a sleepy couple of hours together. Emma is as sweet as you could hope for, with barely a cry once she settled down. There was one minor spit-up episode, and when I carried her to the bathroom to get a towel, I set off the alarm (the babies have a sensor that triggers when they get close to the door, and we're near the end of the hall). Oops. The nurse came within seconds, showing how excellent the staff is here, followed by another in less than a minute.


Looking at Laurie holding Emma, I see right there a reason to change the world. I can't imagine letting this precious soul live in a world as some people have described the future. She carries the name of my grandmother and my mother, two of the most important women in my life (the others are Laurie and Emma), and I can only hope I do as good a job with Emma as they did with their families. I think about the life I want for her, and it should be as wonderful as possible. I'm going to do what I can to make that happen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations all of you! Great news indeed!

-Ken, Shelley, and Kelley & Co.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Jenn Reese said...

Shelley passed along the link -- How wonderful! Congratulations to all three of you. :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Thanks, Jenn-- Haven't heard from you in a while. Drop me a note at nashtar@aol.com. Hope all is well!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home