Thursday, August 24, 2006

Spam, and its getting worse. One of the things I do for my job as executive secretary for ACRA is moderate the discussion list. Its a free subscription, but you have to give your name. I used to get a couple of fake subscriptions a week, with some crazy name. Today I got two that had what appeared to be real names, with suspicious e-mail accounts. I dropped them an e-mail and yep, they were spam. I had a false subscription from Samuel Jackson yesterday, too. Maybe the spammers are getting smarter, but why? Yes, they will get to send one message to 1,000 people who don't want to buy imitation Rolexs or canadian drugs, and then they will get closed down.

I guess its part of modern society where the criminals and hustlers have gone from scams at the train station to trying to find gullible people with a wider net. Its too bad, really. I wish the penalties for sending spam were stronger so it could get better controlled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home